Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bike the Journal

I have been a reader of ZYZZYVA the journal of west writers & artists for awhile. Always nice
to see good work by unknown writers and new talent given some good exposure.
Operated locally, this literary magazine publishes 3x a year and it makes me happy when it
finally arrives in my mailbox. And, this issue (#83) included a bicycle drawing by Ethan Murrow. Nice!

From their zizipedia "Art: We take seriously our mandate to showcase the work of West Coast writers and artists,
reproducing 30 or so images in each issue, an on-going survey of recent drawing, printmaking, and photography."

A Beautiful View of the dust market as wealthy miner Thatcher Rohnald arrives with her train, 2007
by Ethan Murrow. Graphite. 74in x 74 in.

(Scanned image from my fall2008/issue#83, but visit ‹Ethan Murrow's› website for more of his work.)


  1. first of all, I share your passion for bikes. I just bought a vintage bike by the brand of Power King. Ive never heard of it, but the bike sure has character.
    Also, I am going to immediately order this lit mag

  2. super!
    would love to see some pics of your vintage ride, sounds like fun.


with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×