Monday, February 23, 2009

Tweets and the city

Do you tweet?
Most the time I dont even know where my cell phone is so, go figure. It has been months that buddies have asked me (and a few recent emails) to get into the twit-mode. Is that what the cool kids are doing?
Here is me: @meligrosa

This comes a few minutes after I had just read that twittering is as cool as blue velvet ‹LaughingSquid|David Lynch Confirms Twitter Account›

In the meantime, here is a gorgeous photo with an interesting article. H/T:Ratta

I Tweet, Therefore I Am
By Owen Thomas
‟Why do people Tweet? Even the company's CEO,
Ev Williams | @ev can't answer that question. Perhaps he
is embarrassed by the true reason: We Twitter to
reassure ourselves that we are alive.
But the narcissism of today's overcommunicators transcends
one little startup, and goes far beyond the makers of media...

Continue reading VALLEYWAG: I Tweet, Therefore I am

13 comments:

  1. You know I Tweet! http://www.twitter.com/cyclelicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't tweet Meli, old school is the new school. I'm ready to ditch my mobile phone altogether. Ride/blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not tweet unless I am dressed like a Cheep for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I barely understood what tweeting was until last week ~ H started doing it. I think it is for people with ADD. Not that there is anything wrong with it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! I thought it said Tweeds in the City. I thought Meli had become a Tweedy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh. I tried facebook recently. So time consuming and what's the point if you have a blog? So I pass on twitter and hope that blogging stays around even if it is old skool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool, thanks for the tweets, tweetsters

    cyclingTeacherGuy/ right?! okay, Im not alone!

    adrienne/ you crack me up!! we should dress up as pink peeps on bikes OMG...

    sigrid/ LOL - yeah, I had no idea til 'hack the debate' from current tv seeing all these people sending tweets, recently it's gotten a tremendous amount of media. oh well

    spiderLegGreen/ ha haaa!! :D

    maryJo/ yes thank you! I agree with you –wait bloggin is old school!? no wonder I really like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still don't really understand tweeting. I think this means I'm getting old :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Meligrosa- I am so right there! We could be a giant bicycle, pink Cheep Halloween line!!!!!!!! Oh the glory it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meli - are you using the swobo basket? and if so what have you thought of it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey Ryan C, no-Im not sure what brand/basket if any at all. I got it at AmericanCyclery sometime ago, so. but yes, love the basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tweet and am addicted (I'm RMetalBroad on twitter). It's great for those small thoughts that strike when you are either not in front of a computer (like out on your bike) or when you need to jot something down to blog about later (and like me, will likely forget otherwise).

    ReplyDelete

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×