Saturday, July 20, 2013

Los events: Arizmendi's 10th anniversary this Monday, July 22nd.

arizmendis turns 10.
Arizmendi's (Emeryville) turns 10! OHMY♥
On Monday, July 22, 2013, celebrate Arizmendi’s 10th anniversary.
Join them for free cake and other fun festivities. From 3-5 pm, enjoy live music from Candelaria (reggae style Colombian music), free face-painting, and chow down on free cake, home-made lemonade, and hibiscus Jamaica.
via SFfuncheap More info: Arizmendi page on FB
4301 San Pablo Ave, Emeryville, California 94608.
When I worked in Berkeley between 2006-2008, I would bike a 5mile round trip from the studio to the bakery which is a block or two from the Pixar studios. Those two years I loved biking over from south-west area in Berkeley to that Emeryville corner, it would make my belly so happy to enjoy a couple of their delicious pizza slices, great coffee.

I made pals with their staff and enjoyed chatting with the customers who like, me enjoyed having a slice, pastry or a break in their school/workday. A few years have passed and I'm glad Rafa and I have remained friends. At that time, his band (¡FUGA!) I had first heard through local Berkeley station KPFA, so I think we were both equally surprised we knew of it the first or second day we met. Music connections, I tel you. We have since stayed in touch and I love checking out his band at local venues whenever possible.

Rafa is an awesome drummer, such a sweetheart, and my favorite Baja Californiano in the Bay Area. Luv u Rafa :)
Rafa y yo.
Rafa y yo. March 2010.

The staff at the bakery is super nice. Their pastries delicious y there is always something good happening in that corner in Emeryville – I now reminiscence with cariño and miss going to weekly.
Anyways, that is my story with the Emeryville Arizmendi.

Thank you,
xxomeli.

// From the archives›
Post from October, 2008 ›› BICICLETA Y THE BAKERY

1 comment:

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×