Monday, November 11, 2013

mucha música monday: local love

Short + super sweet post for Howell Devine.
This past weekend KT + I headed over to Club Deluxe for late-nite pizza & some spirits. Howell Devine is a fun jazz/blues beats local band, and they played a few sets that night. What seemed like their super no.1 fan completely stole the show, dancing to the music the entire time with such freedom and passion.

Hands up. Hands down. Lyrics. Pause.
Turn. Stand. Hips. Move in place.
And his Rolling Stones 50th anniversary shirt.

He must have been a bit over 60 and the youngest at heart amongst us, the happiest person in that very moment. And as the small, packed and pleased audience, it was as refreshing as it was enjoyable.

video from their website/youtube channel:


- -
As of for me, this was a good weekend with great company. I don't always get to see many of my friends within two days. Very grateful to savor every moment. This is the only foto I took this weekend (and a couple of my friends' cats, of course)
howell devine


I think my twitter pal Andy will like this, he has in the past commented/
tweeted to share great bands+music :)
/ More info: howelldevine.com | @HowellDevine | FB/howelldevine

xxom


3 comments:

  1. Yes, great stuff. Will put these guys on my radar.

    Nice photo - like the use of the mirror.

    Used to frequent the Delux, back in the days when I lived around the corner. Always a dapper crowd, and excellent cocktails - when you could get a good one for $5 (I remember when.....) Loved the Bloody Mary's (with a full compliment of veggies, and in a pint glass), and the White Russians. Time for a trip to the old 'hood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deluxe is still a great place to go, but I think the cocktails are $6 now. Still completely unpretentious. :-)

    ReplyDelete

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×