I met Carlos on BART. People with bicycles enjoy checking out each other's bicycles. Maybe the bicycles talk to each other when we are not busy talking as humans. They say:
- "sup, back on BART again eh - did you get carried or were you in the elevator"
- "noooo, I got carried and my basket was not having it, almost broke a spoke"
- "you must be kind of old"
- "yeah, I'm a French, frame from the 70s"
- "well you look good for your age"
- "why thanks, my name is Frenchie."
Carlos was telling me how much he likes his bike and how he rides it everyday to his work near the Embarcadero. He was stoked to have joined the SF Bike Coalition, had a quick tune-up at one of the morning stations and some free schwag. We chatted about bikes. It was great chatting with Carlos, because his happy energy and positiveness is floating all around him. Cheers!