Monday, July 1, 2013

mucha música monday: july 1st

Carla Morrison: Disfruto
This Baja Californiana makes you revisit the teenage poetry in you which has not really left, when puberty feelings through her music are awaken. Run away with the circus, be in love, reflect on the train tracks or all three. She hails from Tecate, that quiet border town that lives hidden behind Tijuana's flamboyant presence, which seems to be somehow stuck a few decades back in time with its charm living alongside the industrial modernization, where that dark-red and golden label beer comes from and kick ass pan dulce is made with a free cup of coffee with your purchase. Tecate, you have always treated me well.


Lynch y Lykke Li: I'm Waiting Here
Here is Lynch's birthday post (January), this song awakens the summer road trip senses.
His new album The Big Dream drops Tuesday, July 16th.


Miguel: Adorn
I recently learnt about Miguel after seeing his flawless portrait on the cover of Paper magazine. I liked this song but the video don't make much sense to me. Could be the tale of the 10year high school reunion, have you attended any? Not me.. 


Florence Welch & Dev Hynes (Cover Icona Pop): I Love It
I have listened to this more than a few times in the past few nights.
Florence. Dev.

From the HumanRightsCampaign youtube channel: Straight allies, Florence Welch and Dev Hynes join a growing list of musicians standing with the Human Rights Campaign on the right side of history. Equality Rocks!”


Mercury & Bowie: Under Pressure
If you are ready to get goosebumps, listen now. Found via this post at TheStrut


Bleached: KEXP live studio performance
I had mentioned Bleached back in late-February, they are indeed playing in San Francisco soon (Saturday, July 13th). Here is a 16 minute studio performances from May this year, recorded live in Seattle at KEXP.


Lorde: Royals
Her first official video is out. I made a premature prediction this past April about this Auckland young woman, I knew she'd be big. Mind you, she is still in high school…


Washed Out: It All Feels Right

5 comments:

  1. washed out song is very creative - love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Carla Morrison, my Spanish is not very good but a good song is a good song. Ypu may want to check out Bomba Estereo if you get a chance they are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome - yes have yet to see them live, but luv'em too =) FUEGO

      Delete

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×