Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Women Who Bike: ♥Thank you!!

Hola everybody.
With a big smile in my face I thank all of you, powerful local women for sharing your stories, experiences and fun tips that shared with us all and participated for our Women Who Bike Series collaboration alongside local blog BikeNOPA + to all of you that dedicated sometime to comment, and stopped by.
Inspirational and with their own voice, they have left a dose of good energy and good vibes through their profiles, it has been great to be able to feature you, my beautiful women.
Michael from bikeNOPA and Iplan to get together pretty soon for more coffee meetings that will eventually end up, in who knows - something new! so stay tuned. We gotta show our boys some love, and it has been so much fun to chat, talk about our favorite times and similiar passions with our different perspectives as we continue to learn plenty from each other. :D
See all the profiles from bikeNOPA here: Women Who Bike | NOPA

See all the 20 women that participated here:
Collab series closure
We are taking a small break from this women collab, but as a personal approach as a woman on wheels, a woman of color, a woman of multiple accents and a woman of curiosity – it is one of my main priorities to not cease to have us represented and exposed as a growing portion of the bicycle community, sustainable commuters and people who bike, and being able to give some exposure via this little blog and that if this helps someone, somewhere to begin biking, begin exploring their city - then that is fantastic.
Thanks all.

6 comments:

  1. Meli, I've said it before but I have to say it again: I loved this series! I enjoyed each and every interview and I always looked forward to the next one. As a feminist and beginning bike commuter with not many 'in real life' cycling women role models, I found this collaboration truly inspiring. Part of what gave me the push to start bike commuting was seeing others like you and all of these wonderful women blogging and talking about it online (since I wasn't seeing that in person - I only knew of a couple of guy friends who bike commuted on a regular basis). I hope that these exposures encourage other women to get out there, like it has encouraged me. Thanks again to you and all the fab 20 who participated!

    Looking forward to your next adventures/projects! :)

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great series. This last image would make for a slick poster on a wall or in a shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next coffee date: I have to learn how to make a poster collage like yours of the wondrous women in the series. I hope "your" 20 and "my" 16 Women on Bikes mix and mingle on the streets. Thanks to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this series also! It's so inspiring to read about other women out there biking. I'm not sure if 20 women bikers could be found in my city so it's nice to know that so many are cycling in other areas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meli,

    Greeting from Hong Kong, Jennifer Chan.
    I have my blog finally!!
    Did link to your one, Bike and The City.
    Hope you don't mind, xx

    View my blog,
    http://cooljennyhandbags.blogspot.com/

    Your Fellow Blogger, Cool Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3333 thanks so much you all. appreciate your comments +lovely notes very much. xxo.m

    ReplyDelete

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×