Monday, November 30, 2009

Black friday, black coffee. Black pavement, black cat.

What did you do for Black Friday? I'm part of the buy-nothing clan, but such functional necessities such as coffee, don't really count.
Quiet jWalking sight on Post st.
Quiet jWalking sight on Post st.
Quiet jWalking sight on Post st.
It was great to see the empty streets other than shopping areas. Quiet black pavement with the occassional flying taxi. It was a good morning to walk, sit on the curb, j-walk and have some coffee. That is what a weekday off feels like before 9am. Oh right, and it was the day after thanksgiving after all.
Now serving.
Now serving.
Post street it is. The coffee shop: Farm:table
You walk in and is a typical city place. Enough space for about 10, a few sitting, a few standing.
I had an Americano and did not try any other snack, too early for any of that and I don't eat breakfast.
Wave it high
Wave it high
Bean there.
Bean there.
They serve delish Verve coffee and I approve. Love at first sip. Friendly staff, small place, simple. I plan to return.
Love machine
Love machine

Black Friday weekend carries over to Monday. Who is ready to return to work? Not me. But, speaking of work and all black elixirs, a lovely gift from a fellow coffee lover. We understand our addictions well. After all, admitting you have a problem means it isn't really one, errrr - right.
This hits home. Delicious.
Love.
Black Cat Project, from Intelligentsia Coffee.
*which comes from magical place in Los Angeles like this, below: (from a trip earlier this year)
Im in love
♥Intelligentsia, Silverlake - Los Angeles
Speaking of ELAY, Caryl sent me this picture when she saw the above, taken from what I think is the 405, what a rare sighting.
And to sum this black colour love post, here is velcro, she says hello. ♥cheers /////
Der yu go again wif dat stooopid fotoz gizmo....
I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and must have it painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts

It's not easy facin' up when your whole world is black

-who else, the Rolling Stones.

8 comments:

  1. and that's my totes favorite saying.

    and that's my favorite RS song.

    and that's my new favorite kiddo.

    as for the coffee, must try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that song is stuck in my head!.. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bikes on Black Friday. Siempre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. calitexican/ ah you my fave texilicious. cant wait to go ride - hey maybe black flowers next?!

    xander & Yuri/ THX and hellyes <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. next ride to find the elusive black taco!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More info on the empty freeway photo: http://www.petapixel.com/2009/12/04/4-creative-projects-that-bend-the-reality-of-street-scenes/.

    ReplyDelete
  7. christa you are awesome!! thx for the link, tokyo, babel and so much sad looking cement. love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×