Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Golden Wheel Awards 2010

post rain view
Post rain view.
valet super stars
Bike parking valet, Marty and Liam(was not working that day)

The Golden Wheel Awards took place about a month ago in the beautiful War Memorial Center in San Francisco.

city of lights.
The 18th Annual Golden Wheel Awards ceremony and fundraiser was held on Tuesday, April 27th to celebrate our work as leaders of change and honor those who are creating great streets and a world-class bicycling city.
-via sfbike.org»
The awards this year went to SF. Streetsblog (for their intelligent journalism that is leading the conversation and helping more people understand the connection between bicycling, great streets and a livable city.)
my blogger friend and local NOPA neighborhood activist Michael! (Michael Helquist for his leadership which has propelled our Good Roads Campaign to the next level by influencing City decision makers to prioritize bicycling in their work.) ♥Congrats!!
streetblog does their -thank you- speech
streetblog (Bryan) does their -thank you- speech
michael receiving his leadership award
Michael receiving his leadership award (Note the fabulous purple blazer -arm sling included)

I enjoy the event every year, and each time I think to myself that I just want to mingle and talk to people, but I decide to volunteer instead – it is just as fun. This year like last year, I also work with Eileen, a volunteer superstar :D
eileen et moi
Hi Eileen!!
The night went pretty smooth, the weather was typical a typical spring day with very heavy rain in the early morning (when I left my house was raining buckets) to a sunny clear evening. Everyone seemed to have a good time.

Here are some shots throughout the night. Volunteers are always my favorite - because they ROCK!!
kati y nathan
Kati and Nathan
tipsy
tip toes. mine & guess whose?
volunteering is serious business
volunteering is serious business ;D
beer volunteers.
beer
walter hard at work
walter hard at work
- - -
gary and i
say queso for shades and eyeliner!!
Gary Fisher et moi, obligatory fun photo. wheeeeeeeee

**He bought his fabulous leather suit in 1980, in North Beach here in SF. Loveittt-Qué classy!!

say queso :D
Sacha y Frank

and my favorite shot of the night from the awesome guy that gets my Frenchie back.
♥Bike valet parking volunteers are always the best!!
ta da
ta daaaaaaaa :D

2 comments:

  1. And you made the evening even more fun Meli. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' spiffy, everyone! I guess me flaking out last minute to valet (but I got the French translation gig I had to prepare for!) meant missing out on working with dear Marty and lots o' bike fun. Thanks for the recap!

    ReplyDelete

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×