Monday, January 10, 2011

A little bird told me so.

muy stripey mural monday
Riding around the Tenderloin, I recently came across a somewhat new coffee place: the Little Bird Coffeehouse on Geary st. Upon arrival I spotted a few bikes outside, signs of local coffee companies Ritual and De La Paz (which is delivered by bicycle) so I had to check it out.

I met Luke and he very nicely introduce me to their espresso of the day which I recall was a tad on the berry side, smooth and on the lighter side for an afternoon dose. It was cool to chat with him briefly, then I took a few snaps and I will more than likely be returning here for future mid-afternoon shots of delicious espresso. From a first impression the staff is quite friendly, the atmosphere is on the artsy side and it has a very young-20's tenderloin energy kick to it.

Little bird coffeehouse
Little bird coffeehouse
Inside
Little bird coffeehouse
Cigarette break. Chatting.
Little bird coffeehouse
What do we have here, a caffeinated bike party. I can already see -- by popular demand, new bike racks! =)
Little bird coffeehouse
Chirpchirps.
Little bird coffeehouse
- - - -
Bikes and coffee, little art and little birds. 
// Little bird coffeehouse is at 835 Geary street

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a cool little shop. I like their high-end art gallery. MOMA watch out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics!

    @Sinbad and I on the Loose: part of the charm of Little Bird is the DIY feeling of the furniture, signs, etc. But their current exhibit is a bit less "low-end" ;)

    @Meligrosa: nice pics! Re the bike racks, unfortunately there are some permitting issues that we'll get more into this week in a new article on The Tender... Hopefull soon!

    ReplyDelete

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×