Monday, September 23, 2013

mucha música Monday: late september

+ ISEO POMPALEO
Learnt this past week about iSeo from Barcelona via mundoflaneur [article/interview here] and I like her. In her poetic playful words:
“iSeo es mi alter ego. Ella duerme en mi interior y cuando se despierta, cantamos, componemos melodías y nadamos en una burbuja.”[translation by me] → iSeo is my alter ego. She sleeps within me and when she awakens, we sing and we compose melodies, we swin in a bubble
¡¡♥!!


+ MISTER LOVELESS
Cool video produced by local cats PerezBros with very familiar night scenes.
Found this one via the BayBridged on America's cup concerts [link]
Blogged posts blasts from the past, a few past stockton tunnel posts here, here y here.


+ BLOOD ORANGE
This goes to a special Guyanese en Nueva York that is of the handful of you música fans out there that enjoy my Monday música doses – ¡gracias! I'm inspired by his moves. I'm going to try that next Friday night… ;-))
–via Pitchfork– “I decided to visit Georgetown, Guyana for the first time the town where my mother is from. She, herself has not been back for 30 years, 3 years before I was born. I tracked down family members, including my 92 year old grandfather, who I had never met before. In this video you will see our first ever meeting.”


+ ENIGMA
A few weeks ago I had this Enigma song which was so popular in the mid-90s stuck in my head for a few seconds only.. Thought I'd share.


+ TUNES4TUBES
The following 3 videos are bands playing at the Tunes4Tubes tomorrow Tuesday 9/26 at the Rickshaw Stop here in San Francisco.
▲ CON BRIO | Saw them first time bit over 3 years ago [2010 post] and really enjoyed them.


▲ WHISKERMAN | the video was filmed in Oakland. Awesomesauce. Wouldn't be complete without a cameo appearance by the green and gold. Go A's!


▲ CRADLE DUENDE | from the bike music fest a few years ago:  
“Sounds, sights, and sceneries during Cradle Duende's performance at the 6th Bicycle Music Festival, the largest 100% bicycle-powered music festival in the world, at Old Cabin Meadow in Golden Gate Park. Cradle Duende is a combination of Kezmer and Flamenco to be coined 'Klezmenco" with a new twist of latin, reggae, and ska influence to get people dancing when necessary.”

1 comment:

  1. Meli! I love Blood Orange and I didn't even know he was Guyanese too! Well, I was obsessed with him when he was "Lightspeed Champion" and, in fact, I listened to his music all morning today. I don't even know if this was supposed to be a shout out to me, but, as always, I'm loving MMM!!!

    ReplyDelete

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×