Monday, December 16, 2013

mucha música Monday: last edition del 2013

Well 2013 kinda started with live music and so it turns out it has been (not over yet!) a great year for checking out bands live. That, I love.
✕  I'm not a fan of best-of-year lists but this is a great short read: Eight Reasons Why We Love End-of-the-Year Lists via the newyorker
Looking forward to see fave bands and continue to randomly find gems on the local radio stations. Also learnt a ton from your comments, tweets and various others ways throughout the last year – thanks so much for sharing!
I appreciate tremendously that you continue to enjoy these Monday musical column with the few of you that still read mi blog :)

Gracias,
M.

✚ | Mexican Institute of Sound: Escríbeme Pronto
Was great to see Camilo and crew once again at the YBCA with mi fave música crew =)

✚ | Andrea Echeverri: El Fusil y La Corbata
Her new single dropped last Tuesday. So stoked.
I love you Andrea. So much. 


✚ | Lorde: Team
I have been an enthusiastic follower of whatever this 17-year old young woman presents to the world since finding out about her earlier this year. I am a fan.
… “This video was borne from a dream I had a few months ago about teenagers in their own world, a world with hierarchies and initiations, where the boy who was second in command had acne on his face, and so did the girl who was queen,”… “Dreamt about this world being so different to anything anyone had ever seen, a dark world full of tropical plants and ruins and sweat. and of this world, I dreamt about tests that didn’t need to be passed in order to be allowed in: sometimes the person who loses is stronger.”

✚ | The Seshen: 2000 Seasons
Really digging this Oakland band. They are playing in The Chapel (SF) this Friday, Dec. 20th. for KALX's Solstice in Stereo. More than a few years ago I submitted a few designs (for shirts, or an anniversary print? I forget) for KALX, I'll have to dig into my scanned archives at some point.

✚ | Joel Gion: YES
The BJM's Joel wrote this. SF's favorite tambourine player.


✚ | Phantogram: Fall in Love
New single by Phantogram, though it sounds layered I thought it fell a bit flat in comparison to some of their previous material. Will be cool if the video may compensate for it? Can't wait to hear the complete new album 'Voices' (drops Feb. 2014)


✚ | La Cumbiamba NY: Avión de Papel
Fun music, found it via the David Byrne blog. Really enjoy all the NY/bridge views :)


✚ | Kitten Grenade: Gray
Just found out this SF Ukulele player, I typically don't like this type of too-cute music, but this is kinda cheering me up. –Found via thebaybridged



✚ | Hologram: Flesh and Bone
These Swedes are playing tomorrow at Bottom of the Hill.
-also via the baybridged


✚ | Bro show
Recently my mom told me she just learnt what a man-cave is from lady gaga. I was confused/concerned. She also watches the Ellen show daily. Then I said -mom, I never watch the show, I'm at I work-
She said “Ay pues fijate en el internets” -well, look in the internets- (of course sounds better en español). ohright, DUH… hahaa!


✚ | Lou/VU in NY
And if you are enthusiast of before/now imagery, you'd dig this:
Finding Lou Reed and The Velvet Underground’s photo locations in NYC via thestrut.

✚ | Betty Black: Fatality of Love
“Betty Black releases the video for “Fatality of Love” today. The smoldering and kaleidoscopic video finds her in odalisque poses and shattered reflections as she contemplates rejecting a lover before they betray her. This is the first video from the just released Fatality of Love (The Remix EP)”


✚ | March 25th, 2014
Johnny Cash, new album.
Heard about this on the AM radio, my mouth was opened for quite a bit…
“Out Among the Stars” drops March 25th | Out Among The Stars, A Lost Johnny Cash Album, Coming March 25, 2014 Newly Discovered Studio Album Premieres 12 Previously Unreleased Tracks

✚ | Dr. Maya Angelou: His Day is Done - A Tribute Poem for Nelson Mandela
And last but certainly not least:

No comments:

Post a Comment

with coffee in hand, sincere thanks for your readership ×